It goes without saying that 2020 has been quite THE year. Boxlight has made big moves including the appointment of new CEO Michael Pope, the acquisition of Robo3D and MyStemKits, and the launch of MimioConnect® Blended Learning Platform designed in part to answer districts’ needs for innovative, simple-to-use tools for distance or hybrid teaching and learning.
While it may have seemed that the coronavirus pandemic would affect many companies negatively, Boxlight has responded to educators’ needs for educational technology solutions that will get them through and take them beyond the current pandemic situation. We also strive to deliver to our Partners the tools they need to move forward with Boxlight confidently.
The last quarter was especially productive and we want to share the highlights with you:
- We were awarded two Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence — one for our Boxlight-EOS Distance Teaching Essentials and the other for MyStemKits 3D Printing Curriculum. According to Tech & Learning Publisher and Content Director Christine Weiser, criteria included “stand-out products that are helping schools navigate these challenges (distance teaching and learning) by solving problems and driving innovation.”
- Atlanta Public Schools, one of the largest districts in the United States, extended its original 5-year contract for an additional year. By doing so, middle and high school teachers and students will continue to benefit from the robust MimioStudio™ interactive learning software, Boxlight ProColor panel enhancements, and teacher professional development. Says Olufemi Aina, Executive Director of Information and Technology, “The Boxlight team is very professional and willing to go above and beyond to help us achieve our objectives.”
- Boxlight entered into two valuable and strategic partnerships, one with Samsung Electronics America and the other with CareHawk, a leader in enterprise communications solutions for schools and campuses.
With Samsung, we have created an education bundle that combines Samsung’s display innovations with Boxlight’s MimioConnect blended learning platform and online professional development courses. This complete teaching solution is designed to create engaging learning environments through Samsung digital signage, interactive Flip 2, and QBH-TR displays, and OKTOPUS lesson creation and presentation software.
By partnering with CareHawk, their Life Safety products will supplement Boxlight’s MimioClarity classroom audio solution. Hank Nance, Boxlight COO, says, “Through this partnership, schools and entire districts can utilize Boxlight’s MimioClarity audio solution as an end point for bells, public announcements, emergency notices, classroom-to-classroom communications, as well as classroom-to-administrative communications.” Boxlight partners throughout the United States and Canada, where CareHawk is based, will be able to offer the CareHawk front-end solution along with our MimioClarity enhanced classroom audio solution.
- Our team is growing! This month we welcomed three new sales leaders in North America.
Scott Willett serves as Vice President Sales, North America. He will be counted on to lead the rapid expansion of the sales organization in our company’s largest market — education technology. Scott is a trusted and well-respected sales leader in ed tech and we are confident his experience and professionalism will move us far.
Dan Deem is Vice President Sales, Platforms & Services. He will lead a specialized team focused on sales of our MimioConnect blended learning platform, the MyStemKits lesson platform, and Boxlight-EOS training services. Dan is a subject-matter expert in ed tech and we are excited for him to share his knowledge with us.
Michele Gill Conte joins our team as Vice President, Strategic Accounts. She is an experienced sales professional and a strong advocate for teachers and students. Michele will support Boxlight partners, schools, and districts in New Jersey, New York, and New England. We know that she will be a dynamic addition to our team!
- Boxlight acquired three LAN-based screen sharing patents and one pending patent application from Circle Technology, Inc. This acquired intellectual property portfolio will increase protections around Boxlight education software solutions in a time when the adoption of one-to-one student devices is industry standard.
Says Circle Technology President Steve Hix, a pioneer in the audio-visual industry, “I am very pleased to transfer these patents to Boxlight. I have worked with Boxlight for several years and believe they are the best suited to benefit from the intellectual property. I was courted by several companies over the last several years to sell the patents with the increase in screen sharing networks. However, I elected to entrust these patents to Boxlight due to Boxlight leadership’s vision for the future, strong company culture, and a commitment to continued innovation.”
- Continuing in the goal to make Boxlight a leader in the interactive technology market, we have acquired Sahara Presentation Systems, PLC, a leader in distributed and manufactured AV solutions. Based in the UK, Sahara is a leader in distributed AV products and a manufacturer of award-winning touchscreens and digital signage products including their world-renowned Clevertouch and Sedao brands.
Kevin Batley, Director and Co-founder at Sahara, states, “This is an exciting time for the Sahara business. We welcome the added leadership and solutions from Boxlight as we aim to accelerate growth in key markets around the world.”
Adds Boxlight CEO Michael Pope, “I am thrilled to combine the resources of Boxlight and Sahara, two of the most recognized companies in education technology. The Sahara acquisition expands our geographic reach, provides significant revenue growth, results in immediate consolidated profitability, and adds tremendous global management talent.”